- I’m having a baby, which is about all I can really think about. Mostly because the shock hasn’t worn off. I’m actually pretty far along–probably over two months–so I can’t wait for my OBGYN appointment to learn more.
- You guys ROCK as far as giving me tea suggestions. Thank you! Rooibos is the clear favorite, though I will be trying as many mentioned as possible (some of them after the pregnancy, obviously). I am now excited about tea.
- I am pretty much constantly nauseated this time around. And hungry. It’s a weird feeling, actually, to want to eat all kinds of food while simultaneously not wanting to even see food or want any near me. I’m hungry and barfy and the last three nights in a row I’ve dreamed of dessert bars as far as the eye can see.
- Plenty of people (including myself) are predicting that I’m going to have a boy based on my current level of nausea. Aside from a few moments here and there I didn’t experience nausea with Isobel. A few brave souls are still guessing I’ll have a girl. One friend has suggested it might be a kitten. Or a squirrel.
- Everyone has been so wonderful and supportive and I count myself lucky because I haven’t even met most of you in real life. Thank you all for your well-wishes and for sharing in our joy. It means a lot.
- My life has been pretty unexciting this last week. From spending over four days on the couch dying of an unmedicated migraine to just being very tired and nauseated my days have been largely uneventful. Hopefully once this malaise passes I can get back in the saddle again. The saddle of life, or something.
- Our computer has narcolepsy and we’re taking this as a bad sign that it’s near the end of its life. It’s nearly eight years old and has seen heavy use from my daily writing, internetting and photo editing habit to Anthony’s online gaming and school work. It’s served its time and purpose well. RIP, metal friend.
I’m not dying!Pretty stoked about having a baby AND the fact that I’m not dying. Win-win.
Scrapbook: Home Life. Ten photos from daily life.
Little Big Bazaar: Sponsor Spotlight. Goodies from my sponsors and around the web.
Follow Friday: More Flora. Funny tweets and selected photos.
Scrapbook: The Elusive Squirrelly. I caught her in her natural habitat.
Little Big Kitchen: Ten Favorite Recipes. I was craving these recipes, which is so funny to me now.
Baby goat takes no shit from goat in the mirror. Baby goat I love you.
15 Things You Absolutely Must Know About Social Media Or Your Face Will Melt Off And Get Eaten By Goats. The Bloggess continues to be the most awesome person on the internet, if not, the world. This article is so fantastic if I were to start telling you why I’d never be able to stop. Read it. Even if you don’t have a blog. Read it.
Beautiful illustrated GIFs by Oamui. That dancing polar bear is the best thing ever. Via GIF connoisseur Ellen.
Thrifted Home Tour: The Closet. Where the magic happens (I cast a lot of fashion-related spells).
Eight Years Ago. I keep dreaming about being back at the library lately.
Weekend Update. Stuff and things.
Have Toddler, Will Travel. Man, this was hard.
I answer a reader question once a month. Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email me or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it. Be sure to let me know if you want me to include your name and link to your blog or shop. Anonymous questions are fine, too.