What I’m up to:
– Last weekend we drove to San Jose for a night of celebrating our friend Lupe’s birthday. It also happened to be Cinco de Mayo, so the people watching that night was excellent. The first restaurant we stopped at was a combination restaurant/bar, and occasionally amusing drunk people would dance too far over from the bar side and look up only to find themselves surrounded by tables and people eating. At one point I saw a very inebriated woman dance near our table. She was rubbing herself and gyrating and wearing her sexy dance face. Closer and closer she danced, closing the dance between herself and our table by just a few air-humps, when suddenly she opened her eyes and saw Isobel, standing right next to Anthony. Immediately this woman’s face went from one of total drunken debauchery to one of pure, unadulterated horror, as if to say A human child! How disgusting! If only it weren’t so loud in the restaurant she could have heard me say, “Keep it up and soon you will have a disgusting human child of your own!”
– I ate a cricket! It was that kind of party.
– Squirrelly’s eyes are open! He is adorable. And speaking of, we are reasonably certain he is a, well, “he.” Twice now he’s treated me to a Golden Shower while I’ve taken him to the bathroom. I’m thinking of eventually writing a post about how to take care of a newborn kitten should any of you ever find yourself in the situation of needing to save a life. Also appropriate for hedgehogs, raccoons, and chipmunks!
-I have so many sponsors this month that I’m breaking up my weekend Sponsor Spotlight into two posts so you can avoid Awesome Fatigue. Best problem ever!
– Mother’s Day is this weekend and I’ve already given myself second-degree burns while making my mom a present. Best daughter ever!
– This weekend is my dear friend Melynda’s murder mystery birthday dinner. It’s my first one and I’m going all out in the dress-up department.
Little Big Links:
Ten Great Crafty Vintage Sheet Ideas. My laundry room houses a giant plastic tote full of sheets, pillowcases, shirts, even vintage muumuus that I couldn’t pass up. Now I feel smart and totally justified. Take that, husband! Via ModernKiddo
“What would happen if you put your hand in front of the Large Hadron Collider beam?” This video finally provides the answer to one of life’s most pertinent questions. Via pourmecoffee
- Fantastic mail day courtesy of Corporate Monkey.
- Isobel feeding Squirrelly!
- One of my favorite text exchanges of all time.
- Mel and I have an Anthony-shaped growth.
- Strange bedfellows.
- Look what the cat dragged in! Literally!
- Found another trashy trucker hat.
- You SAY you’re locally and sustainably grown…
I want to hear your weird cat vagina story.
Of course you do!
We’re friends with a couple named the Waltons. They are obviously integral to this blog because more than one person has found their way here by searching for the Walton’s Way of Life. Both Angela and Justin are suckers for cats and when Angela saw two Siamese kittens in the window of a pet store, she couldn’t say no. This allowed Angela to wrest the title of Crazy Cat Lady away from me by two measly cats, if you can believe that. Now that Squirrelly is here I can successfully regained that title. Anyway, at this point Angela had out-catted me, but I was still our group’s reigning Cat Expert, so it was up to me to reveal their cats’ genders.
When it came to the larger, fluffier one, there was no question. He was all male. But the second one. Well, he wasn’t a boy, that much was clear, but under his tale was what can only be described as the weirdest cat vagina I have ever seen. And I’ve seen a lot of weird cat vaginas.
The cats were promptly named Boris and Natasha and I did not shut up about that cat’s weird vagina. Tasha was taken to two separate vets for various reasons, and each confirmed he was a she. It wasn’t until he was taken to get spayed that it turns out that Tasha was in fact a boy kitten with completely undescended testicles. Tasha remains, to this day, kind of an odd duck, and I remain, to this day, convinced of his weird vagina.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.