A random list of updates, in no particular order:
* My iphone up and died. It had been dying a long, slow, painful death that started with me not being able to check my @ replies or DMs in Twitter, then spread to not loading my WWF games, and then started being a nonresponsive jerk in general. (There were other problems with the phone, but the twitter & WWF problems being the most pertinent.) It also started vibrating randomly. Fortunately it’s all covered under the extended warranty so one extended trip to the Apple store later and I have a new phone. I’m still trying to restart all my WWF games, so find me under Ex Libris.
* This is my second iphone replaced under the warranty. Anthony complained that I am too hard on my phone. It’s always the same story with me: when I first get a new phone I treat it with kid gloves for about two months. I contemplate getting a custom-made iphone baby bjorn so I can carry it around with me at all times in comfort and safety. Something happens around the two month mark, though, and I transform into a harsh iphone master. I tell it to SACK UP and BE A MAN and TAKE WHATEVER PUNISHMENT I DISH OUT. Then the damn thing dies on me. Wimp!
* Jupiter is going for the title of World’s Most Annoying Cat and I think it’s time for his Special Surgery soon. The one that will guarantee he sings in a high voice forever. He is obsessed with Isobel’s bottles and loves nothing more than to chew the nipples off the very expensive Dr Brown’s bottles. He breaks off pieces of my woven laundry basket and tries to eat them. He sneaks in the stroller’s basket when I take the baby for a walk. He climbs up the screen door and can’t get down. He mews incessantly for no goddamn reason. He is so very lucky he’s adorable.
* I’m absolutely drooling over Sunday’s Apocalypse Soonish? flickr set. Preparing for the apocalypse is on my life list and when I start that project I am totally going to use her set for reference. I’d like to write an Apocalypse Preparedness book with her, or at least read the one she would write.
* I’m also drooling over Shanti’s Oden post. Mmmm…
* I made another sale for the Little Big Shop. Yay!
* I am behind on everything computer-related. I am so constantly on the go now that I haven’t had a chance to catch up on everyone’s blog posts, flickr, or twitter follows. I know, that is totally a First World Problem, but I miss it. Also, been feeling all old and crotchety because I don’t like flickr’s changes. I want my olde-tymey flickr back, dammit!
* I’ve been wanting to write a post on vintage style in the home but it seems like no matter what time of day my house is a dark cave and photos don’t turn out to my liking.
* A post about millet is coming up. As soon as I can find some millet, that is.