Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email me at or send me a messenger pigeon. (Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.) Be sure to let me know if you want me to include your name and link to your blog or shop. Anonymous questions are fine, too.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHY “LITTLE BIG”?
Because the little things matter.
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were big things.” – Kurt Vonnegut
HEY, AREN’T YOU A BOOK?
Nope! I’m a blog!
WHAT’S YOUR MOTTO “BITCH DOESN’T THINK I CAN MULTITASK” ABOUT?
Someone once found my blog using the search term “Bitch doesn’t think I can multitask.” It’s one of the best things that ever happened to me. Read more about it here.
HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE YOUR SON/DAUGHTER’S NAME?
Isobel: “EEEE-so-bell.” Not “Izz-oh-bell,” please.
We pronounce my son’s name “EEE-lie-uhss”.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
I have Crohn’s disease which has really affected my life, plus a whole constellation of health problems. Oh, you don’t mean the health problems? I was just born this way.
WHAT IS FOLLOW FRIDAY?
Follow Friday is a time to recommend people to follow on Twitter and a great way to find new people who tweet interesting things. I took it a step further and I retweeted my favorite tweets from the previous week so people could see why I was recommending them. After awhile I was retweeting so many tweets I moved the whole thing over here so as not to flood my follower’s twitter streams. I also pick my favorite tweet to feature for Tweet of the Week and intersperse the whole things with photos I’ve taken. You can find them here.
I was nominated for a shorty award for creating this idea.
Once a month I like to feature a guest photographer. Let me know if you are interested in participating.
WHAT IS OMFN?
OMFN is an abbreviation I made up that stands for “Oh My Fucking Nom.” I use it when something tastes or looks especially delicious. I came up with it here.
IS YOUR HUSBAND MEXICAN?
Actually his family is from Guatemala. He was born here but his family still maintains close personal ties with the country and some of them visit regularly.
IS THAT A BRUISE ON YOUR DAUGHTER’S SHOULDER?
Nope, it’s a birth mark. Technically, it’s a hemangioma. It’s not really a big deal and will probably go away before she’s ten. If not, she has the beginnings of a rad tattoo! Of course, it’s already started fading so it’s probably not permanent.
- How did you and Anthony meet?
- What’s the story behind the Pink Purse?
- What’s in Isobel’s Pink Purse?
- Can you tell me about your blogging process?
- Is it true you were born with three boobs?
- OMG WHY IS YOUR CAT SO BIG DID HE EAT ANOTHER CAT
- I want to hear your weird cat vagina story.
- Why did Anthony need surgery?
- Why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near?
- How did you become a librarian?
- How did you pick Isobel’s name?
- Eleven Questions, Answered
- Why the Viking liking?
- What’s the most you’ve ever paid for a pair of jeans?
- What is your middle name?
- What is something you’d happily do again?
- Worst punishment you endured as a child?
- Cake or Pie?
- If you could leave for vacation now, where would you go?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- Who was the last person you hugged?
- Best and worst parenting moments?
- I’d love to hear a garden update!
- Choose a pirate accessory: peg leg? parrot? other?
- What Star Trek character would play you in your biopic?
- Do you remember your favorite teacher?
- What is your favorite color?
- What do you always look for when you go thrifting?
- Are you planning on having more kids?
- How did your cats get their names?
- Do you worry about the Big Bad Internet?
- Do you have advice for me?
- Do you have publishing aspirations?
- What is your all-time favorite Thrift Store Score?