– My squishy baby has gotten so big, so fast. Too big, too fast, if you ask me. He’s already outgrown some of his teeny newb onesies and into the huskier 0-3 size. Sob. I am unreasonably sad about this. He is my Squishy, my last baby, and unlike last time I’m awake enough to relish this newborn phase. Rocking in the chair cuddling and nursing him for hours is my current favorite past time. The cats see this as an invitation to a cuddle party and they like it, too.
– My nicknames for Elias mostly center around calling him Squishy, or Mister Man, so Isobel has taken to calling him “Mister Baby,” as she insists he’s not a man yet, Mimi. He’s just a baby. Touche.
– Last year my friend Jacob gave me a coupon at my birthday redeemable for “garden prep, plants, and sweaty Jake labor” this spring. He made good on his gift last Saturday and after a few hours of hard labor my garden was in the ground and growing. Photos to come!
– Now that Anthony is working again, I’m trying to find my solo parenting groove. I consider it a victory if I make it through the day without both kids crying at the same time. Each of them crying at least once is sort of inevitable. It’s still early in the game but I think we’re doing okay, all things considered.
– After my post about wanting to do something special for my mom for Mother’s Day, internet friend and blogging sensation Kaelah generously offered to make one of her custom signs for her for free. She made a super sweet custom sign (photos to come) that my mom is going to totally love. We’re having tea this weekend and I can’t wait to give it to her.
– Often Elias naps in his bouncy seat (the same seat Isobel so adored) and usually it’s in the living room where I can keep an eye on him. Sometimes he’ll make cooing noises and move around during REM sleep, so it can be hard to tell if he’s awake or not from across the room. I was in the kitchen the other day, trying to cobble together enough brains to make dinner, when I heard him stirring. Isobel heard him, too, and said, “Don’t worry! I’ll check on baby Elias for you!” She ran into the living room and then ran back into the kitchen and said, “Yep, he’s still alive.” Which wasn’t exactly what I was checking on, but good to know nonetheless.
– Join me in welcoming new sponsor, Sarah of Baloney Bin! I hadn’t met her before she signed on as a sponsor, and that was my loss. She is clever and witty and someone you will want to know. For example, she has an entire blog category dedicated to embarrassments. She is a talented writer, which becomes immediately obvious after reading this post about current photos that recreate old Sweet Valley High covers. You do not want to miss this blog.
– Are you doing a giveaway? I have special ad rates for blogs running giveaways. I also created a new, super affordable way to advertise your blog, business, favorite post or charity for $10. Check out my advertise page for more details and, as always, thank you for supporting Little Big!
Scrapbook: Garden Gold. They will never not surprise me with their beauty.
Sponsor Spotlight: Little Big Bazaar. These are a few of my favorite things.
Follow Friday: Easter Hams. Isobel and her cousins ham it up for the camera, with equally hammy tweets.
Snapshot 04.23.14. An edible baby, a special present, and why I am thrilled to no longer be pregnant.
Scrapbook: Easter 2014. I should surprise her with holidays every year.
Advertise on Little Big. Unicorns agree: you should advertise on my website.
Duck Tales Slow Jam. A classic theme song gets an R&B makeover. Via Cartoon Connoisseur, Ellen.
Book banning leads to every teen in town reading banned book. I love that even the police saw nothing wrong with this. Via Marmel
The Curious Mars simulation in the middle of the Utah desert. Come on, NASA. We can do this.
Reuse Roundup: Star Balls Ornament Craft. Cheap, happy fun. Starballs!
Follow Friday: Guest Photographer Sarah Allegra. Haunting, beautiful imagery from Sarah Allegra and A+ tweets.
Snapshot 4.17.13. Do you know what’s awesome? Not having bees in your house.
In the Garden: Know Your Garden Plants. Isobel identifies all the weeds in our yard.
Recipe: Weeknight Glazed Carrots. One of my all-time favorites.
Scrapbook: Happy Birthday, Pixie! Photos of the birthday girl.