– I’ve decided to publish this a day early because tomorrow I’m going to be really busy having a baby. Sorry, can’t be helped. :)
– I’ve thought about it a lot over these nine months, and even since before I was even pregnant, on how I’d maintain some sort of posting schedule while I’m primarily focused on recovery and snuggling my sweet newborn babe. I’ve set it up so that I will continue posting Follow Fridays and this weekly Snapshot post as a means of keeping in touch. Additionally I hope to post sporadic photos of Elias and our new life together. I have a bunch of half-finished posts I can complete and put up here and there and I’ll probably be able to get back on the Little Big Bazaar sooner rather than later. As I said this blog is important because it’s something I do for me and keeps me happy and motivated.
– I’d be remiss in my duties if I didn’t sincerely thank the people who have responded to my plea for sponsors in my time of need. Emily has used her slot to promote her free ebook, Finding the Awesome: 3 Steps to Doing More and Stressing Less, which also includes free worksheets to keep you on-track and motivated with your housekeeping goals. Another sponsor is Schmutzie, blogging veteran and graphic designer extraordinaire, whose blog is filled with amazing writing. Rachel, super creative freelance writer, is advertising her blog, Of the Gattuso Varietal, where she shares her views on a wide variety of work-related topics plus her day-to-day life. Finally, my friend April is using her sponsorship to promote a post in support of her heroic friend Anne and her quest to find a job. (We can relate, Anne.) I’d like to thank my sponsors and those of you who have contacted me with plans of future support once projects are in place and blogs are up and running. The procedure is super simple with Passionfruit ads, and I’m offering extremely affordable rates. Just click on my advertise button at the top of my blog and it’s as easy as that.
– Sweet internet pal Thunder Domesticity, owner and operator of Brass Pear Vintage on Etsy and all-around awesome person, has taken time out from her incredibly busy life and school schedule to knit Elias this gorgeous baby hat. The color is just luscious and perfect and the yarn is as soft as a dream. But she didn’t stop there – she also sent this adorable thrifted vintage play quilt which I can’t wait to use. I’ve packed the hat in Elias’ little suitcase on the off-chance it will fit him immediately. Thank you so much, lady!
– This last weekend, thanks almost entirely to my parents, we finally got Isobel’s real Big Girl Bed set up. I found it years ago at a yard sale and it was dingy and in desperate need of a polish. My Dad spent hours cleaning and polishing the frame and my mom waited around for the mattresses to be delivered and once they were here, made up the bed for me. Isobel has napped and played in it so far as we are still cosleeping, but we will probably make the transition to her sleeping here soon. We had transitioned over to her sleeping in her room by herself but when our heat went out she moved back in with us as her room became too cold. We know it can be done, and a beautiful bed helps.
– I’ve detailed my pregnant misery in detail over the past Thrifted Maternity Closet posts, but can I just additionally say how grateful I am this is almost over? I’m at the point now where I need help getting up and walking to the bathroom. I get about 4 broken hours of sleep a night and I’m so bored of living a couch-bound life I’m starting to go insane. But I’m so close. So close.
Thrifted Maternity Closet: Week 37. Right before I was completely incapacitated!
Snapshot 03.19.14. The haps, plus all the news that’s fit to complain about.
We’ve Been Adopted: Skippy’s Story. Skippy has found his forever home.
Follow Friday: My Favorite Goats. Hilarious goat photos plus the best tweets ever.
Sponsor Spotlight: Little Big Bazaar. All the best stuff.
Thrifted Maternity Closet: Week 38. The last maternity outfit! I resemble a yurt with a face.
Clowns, circa 1920s. I’m saving this for when I’m constipated because it will scare the shit right out of me. Also, pretty sure they are all convicts.
Scientists give formal name to “Chicken from Hell” dinosaur. Not really sure why they bothered – that sums it up nicely. Via iboudreau
Dr Bob’s Alternative Vaccine Schedule? He made it up. SCIENCE. Via motek42