Life List: Grow a Garden of Poppies

17 Jun

I’m finally crossing grow a garden full of poppies off my life list this year. Next year we’ll work on expanding the color palette. I want a rainbow of California’s flower.

10 Responses to “Life List: Grow a Garden of Poppies”

1. Salvaged Strawberry June 17, 2013 at 9:27 am #

Beautiful! I would love it if your garden could come to Minnesota and be my wedding bouquet for a day.

• Carrie Anne June 18, 2013 at 6:47 pm #

I would be honored to have my flowers in your bouquet! Too bad they wilt soon after picking or I’d send you some.

2. Corin June 17, 2013 at 11:21 am #

Gorgeous! I want to run out and buy all the poppy seed packets I can find now!
    Corin recently posted..Night and DayMy Profile

• Carrie Anne June 18, 2013 at 6:47 pm #

I 100% support this statement.

3. Samantha M. June 17, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

They’re beeyooooooootiful! I always forget how lovely our state flower is. I esp. love the red-orange ones!
    Samantha M. recently posted..5 Random Things: Guilty PleasuresMy Profile

• Carrie Anne June 18, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

Last year I managed to grow these colors plus white, too. Next year I hope to reprise the white and add pink. We’ll see!

4. Starry June 18, 2013 at 3:29 am #

don’t forget to put the seed pods in a paper bag and wait for them to pop (sounds a bit like popcorn)
    we scatter ours every year to fill in any bare patches
    Starry recently posted..Feel Good – new Starzyia jewelry designs that are positively joyfulMy Profile

• Carrie Anne June 18, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

The best thing about ours is that they are already self-seeding. Grow, babies, grow!

5. Mary @ Fit and Fed July 7, 2013 at 11:44 am #

You can get California poppies in a lot of colors now but the unadulterated bright orange is still classic. My mom has a delicate pink Oriental poppy and I have a different Oriental, “Patty’s Plum”– I love both!
    Mary @ Fit and Fed recently posted..Pistachio Macadamia Nut ButterMy Profile

• Carrie Anne July 12, 2013 at 8:41 am #

We’ve been trying to get a watermelon-pink variety of the CA poppy to grow here with no luck. Isobel wants pink ones so bad. I think it might be a little too hot here for them.