– Isobel and I are both sick. She has a double ear infection and I have a UTI, or as it’s called in medical circles, the oh-my-god-it-hurts-when-I-pee. As a side effect of the infection my blood pressure is extremely low and it’s impossible to fight the lethargy. The first day I pushed through and made dinner, did laundry, ran errands, worked on the blog, took care of Isobel, but by the end of that day I was just done. And poor Isobel with her ears. She never once complained about pain and if you ask her directly she’ll tell you they don’t hurt, but it’s been clear she’s sick. Her fever was so high on Monday night we almost took her to the ER but they wouldn’t have done anything different than what we were already doing. Today we’re just gong to lay around and be lumps and probably watch a lot of nature shows and read a lot of books.
– I feel pretty bad at the moment, so I apologize if I’m not making a lot of sense or if my use of punctuation or spelling is “creative.” I’m giving it all I got, unfortunately what I got requires antibiotics.
– Last weekend was a busy one. We celebrated the upcoming arrival of Isobel’s first cousin in a shower for Anthony’s sister Alana. We are so thrilled for her. When Isobel saw me wrapping the present she decided she was going to give Baby Ryan a gift, too. She went into her bedroom and pulled out some training pants (that we affectionately call “princess panties”) and told me that since they were for babies, Baby Ryan would need them. She proudly presented them to Alana at the shower.
– Isobel had her first cotton candy at the shower. She was extremely skeptical.
– Anthony and I had some time to ourselves (a whole hour! wooo!) so we stopped by a Goodwill. While there we happened upon some pirate figurines and immediately bought them for our favorite pirate-obsessed three year old, Kingston. My favorite part of this is when Anthony stopped by to deliver the toy Kingston was busy wrapping one of his legs in paper and securing it with paper. “This is my pegleg,” he explained.
– We finally got to play Bad Neighbors on St Patrick’s Day. Not only is it super fun but it’s extremely easy to learn how to play, even if you are incredibly exhausted and/or tipsy. I can’t wait to get my personalized cat lay card.
– My talented friend Jose held his first art show at a gallery in San Francisco last weekend. This show was a long time coming and I’m looking forward to his shows in the future.
Recipe: Chinese Chicken Salad. What to do with all that leftover roast chicken.
Scrapbook: My Unruly Garden. My failed home improvement projects benefit the world.
Follow Friday: Guest Photographer The Grumbles. Her photographs in an inspiration.
Scrapbook: Home Life. Photos of domestic life.
Thrifty Crafting: Moss Terrarium. Friends let friends gather their rotten shingle moss for terrariums.
Dot & Army Spring SALE! Get $10 off your total purchase when you spend over $30. Use coupon code SPRING.
OH MY GOD IT’S STILL WINTER Clearance Sale at Henley Posh Apothecary. Get free shipping with coupon code STILLCOLD and buy three items to get a fourth item free.
Ian McKellen to Officiate Patrick Stewart’s Wedding. Only Gandalf could preside over Captain Picard’s wedding. Via Latterday Bohemian.
Goats On Things. My new favorite Tumblr.
A labyrinth of books, based on Borges’ fingerprint. Magnificent. Via @stevesilberman
What to do with kids over Spring Break: Absolutely Nothing. As someone who feels (internal) pressure to creatively interact with my kid every day, this article was a nice pep-talk.
I answer a reader question once a month. Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it. Be sure to let me know if you want me to include your name and link to your blog or shop. Anonymous questions are fine, too.