– Isobel and I were playing when the subject of Cutie Marks came up. “What do you think my Cutie Mark would be? A camera, maybe? Or a thrift store?” I asked. “Or your phone!” she enthusiastically replied.
– PSST! I’m running a sale in the shop right now! Get free shipping with the coupon code SHIPFREE! Tell your friends! And your enemies, while you’re at it.
– Our dear friend Stefanie came across a box that her mom had saved containing her 9 year old self’s prized possessions: her Little Mermaid toys. Stefanie gave them all to Isobel as an early Christmas present. They are prized possessions once again.
– Last Friday we went to our town’s Christmas parade. It starts at night and all the floats are decked out with Christmas lights and it really is quite pretty. I made the mistake of telling the kids (we went with the Waltons) that they would get candy canes once the parade starts. I guess it’s a sure sign of a harsh economy when instead of candy canes they people in the parade gave out high fives. At one point Angela was given a business card and coupon for a service called The Party Bus and she turned to me and said, “Do I look like the party bus type?!” It made my night.
– We’re having problems with our heater again and so we’re surviving on warm dressing, space heaters, and the occasional fire. The first time Anthony built one Isobel ran over as soon as she saw the flames and excitedly asked if a fire meant we were camping.
– Two of our friends just happen to be born on the same day and it’s our tradition to celebrate their birthday with a viking-worthy holiday we call Vallholiday. This year the guest-list was strictly No Girls Allowed, but I did have to stop by and drop something off so I got to smell the delights of the mead hall and see Dave’s new (and totally sharp) boar spear.
– One evening I was driving around with Isobel and she noticed the sunset. “Mama,” she said with awe, “the clouds are pink today.” They were lovely. I had become immune to such beauty, so we took a minute to stop and watch the whisper pink clouds fade to dark.
- Thrifty Living: My Book of Smiles. Therapy via the internet.
- Scrapbook: Home Life. Our cats really put up with a lot.
- Little Big Links: December Holiday Links. I’m taking my own stocking stuffer advice.
- Recipe: Bacon Jalapeno Appetizers. Tastes like love and fire.
Show the world why you matter, because it won’t ask you. I love and look forward to all of Princess Lasertron’s Radvent posts, but so far this is my favorite.
NASA’s Images of 1970s-imagined Space Colonies. “These images evoke a unique sense of time and place with stunning precision, leaving the viewer with a bizarre feeling that is simultaneously retro and futuristic.”
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.