– Every day Squirrelly jumps on my lap, puts her paws around my neck and hugs my face while purring. Every night she sleeps on the floor next to my bed, the very same spot I used to put her crate in when she was a kitten.
– Did you know that John de Lancie voices a character in My Little Pony? I have been watching a lot of it lately due it being Isobel’s most recent obsession, and I have to say, I’m becoming a female version of a Brony. Which naturally I thought would be called a “Ho-ny,” but according to an anonymous source, they are known as “Pegasisters.”
– I came down with the stomach flu last week and it was not pleasant. I guess I had failed to tell Anthony about Kingston barfing like a dog, because when Anthony came home from work I shouted “I BARFED! I BARFED LIKE A DOG!” and he just gave me this look of extreme pity, like maybe he should drive me to the hospital. Or the vet.
– I got sick over a week ago and I’m still not able to eat like a normal person.
– My goal is to upload something new into the shop every day. This is a lofty goal during the holidays, I know, but even if I only succeed 90% of the time, that’s 90% more than I would upload otherwise. Wish me luck, and check back often!
– In case it’s not obvious that we live in California, Isobel took one look at the snowflakes I was making and said, “Nice spiderwebs, Mama!”
– We recently had several days of rain and parts of our town flooded so badly that I could barely make the three-minute drive to the store. On the way home I passed someone kayaking in the street. Fortunately most of the flood had drained by the next day.
– I’ve been thinking about my life list again, because it’s time for a major revising, and I decided that I need to somehow hire Morgan Freeman to perform a dramatic reading of Isobel’s tweets. Also I just kind of want to hear him say, “I am a unicorn. I am a unicorn.”
Recipe: Thanksgiving Cornbread Stuffing – Don’t make my grandma start a bar fight.
Little Big’s Annual Thrift Store Gore White Elephant Gift Exchange – Someone’s been naughty. SPOILER ALERT! It’s Santa.
50 Thrifty: Thrifted Montessori Play Silks – They become rugs and blankets and flowing skirts and tents for her dolls.
Scrapbook: Family Photos by Chris + Jenn Photography – What they captured filled my heart and spilled out through my eyes.
Here’s Where We Break Your Lava Lamp. Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis perform three of my favorite songs from The Heist on NPR. NPR AND Mackelmore?! It’s like Christmas came early!
Advent Event. My buddy Nic Piper, artist, English chap, and fellow nerd, is creating a series of ten minute Christmas doodles to countdown the days before the big day. Follow along and spread the cheer on his blog or via Instagram.
Downton Abbey, 2121. “Downton fans around the world will be thrilled with what we have in store for the Crawley offspring and their service drones as they navigate life in the 22nd century.” Via the Onion.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.