– We had such a great Thanksgiving. Actually, we had three Thanksgiving celebrations, starting on Wednesday with Friendsgiving. Our friend Ian and his new wife Christi came down from Sac to hang out and our friend Kyle earned infinite badass points for frying up some homemade churros. He also made some Mexican hot chocolate from scratch and it might be my new favorite thing in the universe. I made some jalapeno bacon appetizers and gave myself chemical burns on the palms of my hands. That’s what I get for not taking the time to find properly-sized gloves. Be ye careful with jalapenos, even if you’ve worked with them several times in the past and have had no problems. I ended up having to take ibuprofen and soak my hands in ice cold milk and coat them in aloe vera juice to feel better. All of that worked pretty well, by the way, but not getting burned in the first place works better.
– We spent Thanksgiving day with Anthony’s family and the day after with my family. I don’t come from a family of shoppers and my Aunt Debbie works at a nursing home, so getting holidays off is next to impossible. This arrangement works out well, anyway. We were so full after having dinner with Anthony’s family that on the way home Anthony remarked, “I think my food baby is crying!”
– Thanksgiving with my family was so great. We are pretty laid back which is exactly the celebration you want when you are on your third day of feasting (Note to self: buy new pants). My Uncle Bob is a guitar virtuoso and my Aunt Trisha brought her fiddle so we all relaxed and played music while Isobel had fun making all kinds of noise and wiggling her little bum to the music. My uncle asked Isobel what song she wanted to hear and she immediately responded MY LITTLE PONY! So we played jingle bells. We ended our night by Isobel running through the house and shouting, “I WENT POO POO IN THE POTTY! I LOVE AMERICA!”
– Last weekend my bestie Angela and I decorated a gingerbread house with Isobel and Kingston. They kept sneaking bites of candy when they thought we weren’t looking. It was really fun even though our gingerbread house looked way more, uh, special than the house on the box.
– I am still so in love with The Heist it hurts. It hurts so good.
Small Business Saturday: Little Big Vintage Shop – I just completed a massive reorganization of my shop. I plan to list like a mad woman soon!
Project 7’s Feed the Hungry – Come on, America. Let’s do this.
One Hundred Entries, Ten Recipes – Last week I hit a milestone of over one hundred entries in my foods archives.
Thrifty Living: DIY Nail Polish Hair Clips – Fancy-ing up plain hair clips has saved my life.
My longtime flickr bud Gigi is a world-traveler, amazing photographer and my personal style icon, and now she has one more item to add to her resume: author. She recently wrote Mr. French Man, an erotic novel set is Paris. I’m trying to set up a giveaway for it here on the blog, but in the mean time you can purchase it here.
Preschool Ditches Brand Name Toys For Cardboard Boxes. And the kids don’t care. Faith in humanity = restored.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.