Recipes: One Hundred Entries, Ten Recipes

20 Nov

As of today I officially have over one hundred entries in my foods archives. One hundred entries! The mind boggles! Or at least mine does. It’s easily boggled. Here are ten recipes from my archives.

Balsamic Strawberries: a lovely, no-cook dessert that’s simple and easy.

Bacon & Mushroom Chicken Pot Pie: I’m going to make this all winter.

Naan Pizza: The perfect pantry dinner.

Asparagus Shiitake Risotto: I wear onion goggles and my best duck face.

Dirt Candy: An amazingly good way to eat your root veggies.

How to Store Herbs: They aren’t cheap so make them last.

Lemony Chickpea Stew: a vegetarian favorite.

Are You Fucking Kidding Me, Biscuits?: 4 ingredients. Yes, really.

Winter Vegetable Mac ‘n Cheese: Psst! Contains no actual pasta.

Bohemian Ramen: Not your mother’s ramen. Unless you are Isobel. ThenĀ  I guess it is.

11 Responses to “Recipes: One Hundred Entries, Ten Recipes”

1. [The Black Star] (@TheBlackStar) November 20, 2012 at 10:15 am #

I really need to take the time and learn how to make risotto, because I really want the asparagus shiitake risotto in my mouth hole. (also, the bohemian ramen.)
    [The Black Star] (@TheBlackStar) recently posted..Yarrrr, thar be pirates about!My Profile

• Carrie Anne November 20, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Risotto is really, really easy. You can pick it up in an afternoon no problem!

• TheBlackStar (@TheBlackStar) November 20, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

I will have to give it a go, I keep telling myself I need to do more cooking in life, and I keep not doing it. I will probably have to give at least a few of these a try (maybe all, but I best not be overly ambitious at this point!)
        TheBlackStar (@TheBlackStar) recently posted..Sand Box 1My Profile

2. allisonthemeep November 20, 2012 at 12:10 pm #

Giggety! Those recipes all look awesome. And “Not your mother’s ramen. Unless you are Isobel. Then I guess it is.” was hilarious.

I am making chicken pot pie tonight! But mine will be woefully flat and regular looking, and not wearing a chef hat of puff pastry dough. Those biscuits look amazing and rad and I am going to try them soon with my gluten-free flour mix to see if they convert well, or if I will have some new hockey pucks to play with.
    allisonthemeep recently posted..Alchemy & AshesMy Profile

• Carrie Anne November 20, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Chicken pie is delicious in all its wondrous forms! Except for maybe the frozen grocery store kind.

3. Julie November 20, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

ooooh, that ramen is veeerrry intriguing! haven’t had ramen in like 8 years? I think it’s time for a comeback. and also- I will take the winter veg mac & cheese and the biscuits. thank you.
    Julie recently posted..It’s Monday, No.. Tuesday?My Profile

• Carrie Anne November 28, 2012 at 11:31 am #

I hope you will not be disappointed. Bohemian Ramen is something I’m sort of famous for in my family. ;)

4. Jose November 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Wow, neat!

• Carrie Anne November 28, 2012 at 11:31 am #

Thanks, Joes!

5. Dingeydoo November 21, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

Hmmmm, I, too, am intrigued by the ramen. For those of us who have householdians who need to watch their sodium intake, do you suppose some sort of lovely low-sodium veggie broth could replace the water and use of the packaged spice packet? I tend to think: YES. Mmm. I think I might know what’s for dinner tonight.

• Carrie Anne November 28, 2012 at 11:32 am #

Yes, that would totally work! And I hear rumors that health food companies produce low-sodium ramen that’s supposed to be good. Try a health food store, maybe?