- Monday was really rough. I haven’t mentioned this here before but Anthony and I have been struggling with infertility for the better part of a year. We’re still in the testing phase to figure out what’s going on, and on Monday I had an ultrasound and sonogram. I was so worked up about the whole situation that I ended up having a panic attack. I’m feeling a lot better now and I know we’ll figure things out eventually. It’s like I said to Anthony, if it turns out we can only have one baby, then at least we got to have the best one. But we’re not there yet. There’s still more testing to be done.
- Gaze upon my collection of thrifted Choose You Own Adventure books. Gaze upon them! I’m going to have to write a post about them someday because they are hil-arious.
- The other day Isobel tried to shampoo Squirelly. She did manage to cover his back with a slick racing stripe of extra-volume conditioner, but fortunately I got to her before she could baptize him the toilet.
- My mom and I joined our local chapter of the MOMs Club, and in addition to being able to claim Westside! we have joined a playgroup so Isobel can get some more socialization time in. My mom recently took her to a Thanksgiving lunch/playdate activity and there were so many kids there she wore her coat backwards with her hood covering her face for the first fifteen minutes. After that she warmed up and participated in a local toddler ball-hoarding effort. Man, how many times have I been somewhere where the thought of wearing my hood over my face sounds like a good plan? Answer: many.
- How is there not already a chain restaurant called Marco Pollo?
- Zorro can open the door that leads from the garage into the kitchen. I have on many occasion mistaken him for a burger-slash-ghost-slash-ghost bugler. He’s been doing this for years and I’m still not used to it.
- A few weeks ago our pal Kingston came down with a serious case of the barfs. When I saw him after he was recovered he kept telling me about how badly sick he was. Actually, what he said was this: “I was sick. I barfed. I BARFED. I BARFED LIKE A DOG.” Poor little dude. Barfing like a dog sounds terrible.
- When we go to the grocery store the clerks always give Isobel a sticker or two and she loves to stick them on me directly in the center of each breast so they look like the least appropriate scratch-and-sniff pasties ever.
Thrifty Living: DIY Cowl Tutorial -No sewing, crochet, or knitting skills required! Also, seventy billion photos of my head. Sorry about that.
Scrapbook: Home Life -I’m not going to lie. I bought that squirrel for me.
50 Thrifty Fun Things To Do: Safari Time – Life is full of wonder and also binoculars.
Recipe: Baked Eggs in a Bun – Cheap and easy, like your mom.
I am no man. A father changes the text in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker so Link is referred to as a girl. “I’m not having my daughter growing up thinking girls don’t get to be the hero.”
Free Fall Printables. I love the eye doctor/trick or treat one.
- Analog Bejeweled.
- In our garden: baby beets, three varieties of onions, Italian parsley, jalepenos
- Still really love my new glasses.
- Roasting kombucha squash seeds
- Sleeping beautiful.
- Robot maid, take me awaaaay
- Isobel painted our pumpkins pink
- Looking at birdporn
- Whenever I sit down, this happens.
- DIY cowl
- OMFN mango dipping sauce
- Playing with vintage Stik-ees
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.