– At the time of this writing I am completely unaware of the election results. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have a knot of worry in my stomach the size of the country. I’ve spent much of yesterday hanging out with a possibly-sick-Isobel and just taking it easy with her while trying to get some chores done. Today I know I’m either crying or celebrating. Time will tell.
– Last weekend we went to a Halloween party at my friend Valerie’s farm and she had the brilliant idea of setting up a caramel apple bar. Isobel danced to Gangnam style at least fifteen times and we all went home and slept like the dead.
– Before the party we stopped at a grocery store to pick up some goodies to share and Isobel stood in the middle of Raleys, dress in full Pirate Princess regalia, and danced to Gangnam style, sans-music. It was pretty amazing. Next time, I promise, I’ll take a video.
– Check me out! I’m in this issue of Northern Gardner magazine! They featured a photo from my DIY terrarium ornament blog post. It’s so exciting to see your work in print! It’s also pretty sweet to get compensated for your hard work. I featured that terrarium post right after I switched URLs and it kind of got lost in the shuffle, so I’m glad Northern Gardner found it. I’ve been thinking lately about selling my photographs in my Etsy shop. Features like this make me feel like I can do it.
– D&D was at our house last week, and Isobel loves to watch Dada and The Dudes play. She was looking over his shoulder at one point when Anthony pointed to a region of the map and mentioned there was a cave there. Anthony kept talking when Isobel interrupted him and said, “Dada, you have to draw the cave!” We have a backseat DM in the making.
– I’m still trying to bring order to my life as a whole, which is this year’s life list goal for my birthday. It seems I succeed in one area and another area falters. It’s a work in progress, but at least I’m making progress.
– I’ve had a gigantic migraine for the last six days. It’s finally starting to abate but I can’t talk too much about it. Aside from parents worrying about their child’s sleep schedule and old-timey sailors at sea, the most superstitious people are those with chronic migraines. You don’t want to talk about them for fear it attracts their attention.
- Pink! Pirate! Princess! – Guess what Isobel was for Halloween. Go on. Guess.
- Scrapbook: Backyard – California is hanging on to summer with a vengeance.
- The Liebster Award – I was nominated! Probably by accident.
- Autumn Pomegranate Salad – Put this in your mouth.
12-Year Old Uses Dungeons and Dragons to Help Scientist Dad with Research. The family that nerds together, stays together.
- Map time
- Sneak attack!
- Roasting chickpeas
- Zorro is not amused
- A family lives here.
- Taco Truck family portrait.
- I can’t work in these conditions!
- Grocery list.
- “I’m trying to catch Squirrelly.”
- Sad Squirrelly can’t join her.
- The TRUTH behind Follow Friday.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.