– Last week we stopped by the mall and picked up my brand! new! glasses! We also took this charming family photo. I smell a Christmas card!
– Isobel’s favorite part about the mall (besides the Sanrio store) was riding the escalators.
– Someone found my blog by searching “cooking biscuit and fuck.” They were probably looking for this recipe. The search term lead to a conversation that lead to the realization that “fuck biscuit” is not only my new favorite swear, but it’s going to be the name of my future dressage horse, should I ever own one.
– To a certain degree we still cosleep with Isobel. She usually leaves her bed at some point in the night and sneaks into ours, burrowing in between Anthony and I. Sometimes in the morning Anthony or I will scoot her to the side so we can have some cuddle time before Anthony has to get ready for work. A few nights ago Isobel started to wake up when we moved her and as soon as she saw that we were cuddling she sat up and shouted WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I WANT TO GET IN THERE! and she dove right in between us and squirmed until she had wiggled us apart. C’est la vie.
– We went to a Halloween party over the weekend were I was reunited with Oscar, my childhood cat that we eventually gave to our friend Leonard. Oscar has lived a long and fulfilling life with Leonard who has totally understood his need to be part dog. I’m really grateful Leonard took him in. He’s old and partially blind now, but he’s outlived all the other cats from my childhood despite (or maybe because of?) his wild ways.
– On occasion Isobel is attempting to tell me to shut up again. You might remember a little over a year ago that whenever she wanted my silence she’d tell me “SHOOM UP!” to put me in my place. Now when she’s angry she says, “MAMA. SHUT.” I feel bad for her. She has all these huge emotions in her tiny body. But not so bad that she doesn’t get a time out each time she says it. Growing up is hard to do, kid!
– My friend Valerie and her daughter stopped by for a visit recently. Isobel told them all about Squirrelly’s new “gina.” Probably more than they wanted to know.
– My current birthday-inspired life list project has been trying to bring order and organization into all corners of my life, particularly the ones that breed chaos. Lately I’ve been organizing my photos and ideas with Evernote. Do you guys have any tips for bringing order into your life? Spill.
Recipe: Fall Mushroom Tart. Make vegetarians feel welcome at your Thanksgiving table.
The Thrifted Closet: Stripes, Dots & Hearts. Before I had Isobel I had no idea there were so many way to mix and match the color pink.
DIY NASA JPL Halloween Costumes. My husband makes a damn sexy NASA Mohawk dude.
Scrapbook: DIY Halloween Costumes. My friends insist you run it under a cold tap.
Macklemore Halloween Costume. When I told Anthony that I should have gone as Macklemore for Halloween he consoled me by saying I dress like Macklemore every day. Aw. Then he said his grandpa wanted his clothes back.
Little Toot. This photo of Kingston just kills me.
- Late night snuggles.
- Don’t throw me away!
- Photo editing time.
- Colorful markers.
- Pomegranate time.
- Picked by Isobel.
- Any excuse to make these.
- My garden gnome.
- Squirrelly, you dork.
- Rachel’s LOL Cat.
- Sexy Red & Mr Wolf.
- Early AM Dr appointment.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.