– Yesterday was my birthday and I have been so ridiculously pampered. Anthony took a long weekend off because what I always want most is time together. I’m sickening, I know. But Anthony has really gone above and beyond to give me a happy birthday. For example, when we woke up on Saturday he asked me what I wanted to do today. I mentioned something about chores I needed to do and something or other and he said, “Are you sure you wouldn’t rather go get donuts and drive around to look for yard sales?” Goddamn, I love that man.
– Isobel is obsessed with Doctor Who. She asks to watch him every day and is convinced he can solve any problem.We are now all caught up on all the episodes they have on Netflix (give or take a special or two) and since we’re done with the Doctor and Warehouse 13, it’s back to Enterprise. Which I must say, I’m really enjoying.
– Speaking of Doctor Who, this might be the cutest damn thing ever.
– As of yesterday it’s officially been a year since I had my first panic attack. I’m so grateful this year’s birthday has been nothing like last year’s.
– We stopped by mall in order for me to get new glasses and we took Isobel for her first trip inside the Sanrio store. You could see the pure, rapturous joy in her face when confronted with three walls of kawaii Hello Kitty goodness. She immediately loaded up with bags and backpacks and purses and toys. She was very upset when we told her she could only get one thing. There may have been tears. But! She got a brand new Pink Purse out of it, so she got over it pretty quickly.
– For those of you keeping count, she’s on her third Pink Purse.
– Squirrelly occasionally goes outside and has little adventures now. When he wants to come back in he simply climbs up the screen door and screams bloody murder. Charming! He’s also learned that by rocking his body back and forth while clinging to the screen he can asshole the door open just enough to finish the job with his face.
– This was a week for presents! My friend & sponsor Anne sent Isobel this adorable pink hat. The bow reminded me of Hello Kitty. Anne has a new line of baby & child hats in the shop and they are adorable. Check out this panda hat. I can hardly stand the cute!
– I’m running a giveaway right now, and you should totally enter.
– Unsurprisingly, Jupey keeps killing things no matter how many bells I attach to him. I’m formally changing his name to Sargent Slaughter.
Recipe: Grilled Cheese with Cheddar & Pear. My favorite sandwich in all of sandwich land. In season, too.
Thrifted Closet. Pink Elephants and Rainbow Stripes. What more could a girl ask for?
Melynda & the Twirling Toddlers. Kingston and Isobel get down.
A Little Birthday Music. A home movie of Isobel singing a Beck song.
We did it, nerds! The Tesla property has been saved from its strip mall fate and plans to turn it into an educational museum-memorial are in motion. If you helped donate to this project, I can’t thank you enough. Science needs every victory it can get.
Tweets by @KimKierkegaard. “The philosophy of Søren Kierkegaard mashed with the tweets and observations of Kim Kardashian.” Only a mashup of the profoundly philosophical and the profoundly shallow could come up with hilarious tweets like this: Every revelation you make is an illusion; so far, no one has succeeded in knowing you. Your white pumps literally go with any outfit.
Why save PBS? A helpful infographic on understanding why we need to save America’s largest classroom. I think the twitter account of @Pres_Bartlet sums it up pretty well, too: “TLC was founded in 1972 by NASA and the Health Department as an educational channel. It was privatized. Now it shows Honey Boo Boo.”
- Isobel is really into canning these days.
- You want me to buy you a killed wolf?
- How I spent my birthday.
- Birthday pumpkins.
- Chalk TARDIS, by Anthony
- Her first visit to the Sanrio store ZOMG HEAD ASPLODE
- Finally getting new glasses.
- “Fetch the Rolls, Barnaby. We have pews to sit in.” (Via Bri)
- Such a ham!
- Isobel & Mama
- We’re the boss.
- Private Property.
I recently answered a reader question about how my blog. I talk about my schedule, when I do it, how I do it and all the gory details. Check it out.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.