– Fall boner status: still raging. I should see a doctor.
– Squirrelly broke the toilet last weekend which means we are now poorer, crankier, and this close to sending Squirrelly out on the street with nothing but a bindle and a newsboy cap.
– I got really sick last week, and it’s unclear how much of it was whatever flu or virus I had and how much of it was Crohn’s. Whenever I get ill with anything it seems my Crohn’s acts up and this time it went completely haywire. I was close to needing some medical intervention but since this wasn’t my first time in the toilet rodeo and I knew what to do to keep my symptoms manageable and my health from deteriorating.
– It was then that Squirrelly broke our toilet. For over a year now we have suffered from something we call “The Singing Potty.” From time to time (almost certainly late at night, naturally) certain metal parts in our toilet would somehow start resonating at a specific frequency. Our front bathroom toilet would emit a high pitched ringing noise in so perfect a pitch (an E, I’d guess) that for the longest time I thought it was made by an electronic device of some sort. It isn’t terribly loud but it’s noticeable and persistent and enough to wake you from a deep sleep and drag you down the hall to open the lid and touch the metal part to make the vibration and the goddamn noise stop. Like many intolerable things it started infrequently, sporadically, until it was waking me more often than the baby and just in general making me murderful. I convinced Anthony to swap out the parts so we can have a toilet that’s used to taking our shit and shutting up about it, and just as he was finishing the process Squirrelly ran into the bathroom and knocked over the porcelain tank, shattering the side of it.
– Also I broke my glasses because I am a Viking at hitting myself in the head with the car door. They broke on the left temple so I can still wear them around the house in a vain attempt to start a new trend. I’m wearing broken glasses ironically! HA HA! There they go, falling off my face ironically, too! I was pretty sure I could fix them with a few dots of strong glue, but in an effort to not be so ghetto I brought them to a repair shop. Where they told me to glue them. I also needed an eye exam and picked out some stylish new frames while I was there.
- Thrifty Kitchen Tips. Sundry tips and advice for cooking and the kitchen.
- Productivity Creepin’: Leaving the House with a Toddler. Isobel doesn’t give a shit about the Discover card, but I better have her Hello Kitty water bottle or there will be hell to pay.
- Scrapbook: Home Life. I posted two of these on accident because I love you and also I had a fever.
- Scrapbook: Home Life. Well, this is embarrassing.
- Reader Question: How Do You Blog? I organize the shit out of it.
These birds hold funerals for their dead. Remember when I woke up because two dozen pissed off Scrub Jays were gathered in our yard and yelling at Jupey at the top of their lungs for an hour? This was probably what was going on. Via an awesome twitter buddy but I can’t remember whom. Lauren, was that you?
- He really does love it in there.
- It’s all too much.
- That time of year.
- Vintage sun tea jar.
- Picked by Isobel.
- Debate Party!
- Tongue Thing.
- It’s like she enjoys cuddling all day.
- My view for most of last week.
- Isobel’s grandpa style.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! If it’s a short one I’ll answer it here. If it’s more complicated, I’ll give it its own post. You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.