– I have been trying to restrain myself, but I have a raging fallboner. I can’t wait for this season to get started.
– On the way home from book club this weekend my friends and I stopped at a roadside stand that sold 20 avocados for five bucks. Score! We split a bag and I made the most luscious green guacamole ever. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten ripe avocados off the tree before. Also, if you can at all arrange it, manage to include at least one professional baker and several accomplished home cooks among your friends and you will never leave your book club meeting hungry.
– This is little baby Isobel. I fell down the rabbit hole of baby pictures the other night.
– Someone found my blog by searching “Old Lady Tubes.” I offer this without comment.
– On Monday I told Isobel that we could decorate for Halloween after we finished our chores and she spent a good twenty minutes just running around the living room shouting HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN! When Anthony got home from work we decorated her play kitchen together and she spent some quality time destroying one of my garlands. It’s all good–I needed an excuse to go by the craft store anyway.
– Are you watching the debate tonight? We are having a few people over. I’m pretty excited about it. For one thing: snacks. For another thing, we come from a politically engaged group of people. This is part of what it means to be an American and I’m proud I can share this experience with Isobel.
– I am so glad October is here for reasons other than my fallboner. September was a really terrible month for me health- and mental health-wise. I’m giving October the side-eye, poking it with a stick and proceeding accordingly. So far I am cautiously optimistic.
– Isobel is under the impression that cats go to the bathroom in the “glitter box.” I cannot dissuade her otherwise.
– Last weekend we hung out at a cafe so we could hear some of our friends play music and even though Isobel needed to leave before the end of the performance it was really nice to be able to bring her along. She’s at the age where it’s really enjoyable to take her places and we aren’t so limited by where we can go. While we were there my friend Zack remarked, “I see she’s no longer at that age where she’s constantly trying to kill herself.” No, thank the sweet babby Picard Jesus she is not. That was exhausting. We heard my lovely friend Melynda play piano and sing and Isobel and Kingston twirled to the music. No one engaged in death-defying behavior. It was a good day.
– The other day I walked in on Isobel who was packing my clothes into my open pink travel bag. We had the following conversation.
Me: “What are you doing?”
Isobel: “I’m packing.”
Me: “Okay. Why?”
Isobel: “In case I run into trouble.”
Me: “Where are you going?”
Isobel: “I’m going to go with Doctor Who to look for aliens.”
- Recipe: Simple Happiness Soup
- Thrifted Closet: Breezy Shirt & Skirt
- Scrapbook: Waltonversary
- Reuse Roundup: The Cat Mitt
Why Women Should Stop Trying to Be Perfect. “Feminism wasn’t supposed to make us miserable. It was supposed to make us free…” I think every woman, but especially, every mother, should read this. I am so grateful that I have a network of family and friends for support. Via Shutterbean.
Barack Obama is tired of your shit. WOW. Via Ellen
How to turn a scarf into a vest. A cheap and DIY wardrobe fix! I see scarves like this all the time while thrifting.
LOLCats viewing linked to increased work performance. No, really! Via @younglandis
Sorry I’m such an asshole. I could have used these balloons on several occasions. Via Ellen.
- Mud Cookin’
- Bond Girl Hat
- Pretty much all we did on Sunday was eat and watch movies.
- Avocado massacre
- Bookclub Treats
- Grocery List
- Eye Patch
- So cool
- Pink Kiki bow
We know Isobel’s favorite color is pink, but what’s your favorite?
Turquoise is definitely one of my favorite, but so is a soft pink or a rich gold-orange. Actually, all the colors I used in my site design are my favorite.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.