– Been having a really nasty bout of anxiety. It’s unpleasant. It’s disorienting. It really makes me feel like not myself and I think that’s what I hate the most about it. It’s been nearly a year since I experienced my first panic attacks, (on my birthday, no less) and part of me wonders if I’m always going to have this anxiety at this time of year. I sure hope not.
– We’ve watched all the episodes of Warehouse 13 that Netflix has to offer and I’m not okay with this. I developed a huge love for that show over three short seasons. I feel like I did when Sherlock ended. Why you gotta play me like that, Netflix?
– Our local Goodwill is having a huge sale on October 1st. All tops and bottoms are only a dollar, with the exception of jeans, which will be two dollars. Even thrifted clothes can be pricey, especially at major thrift chains, so I cannot wait to push through the crowds and get me some savings.
– Even though it seems like our summers here last for half the year there has been a small, barely noticeable shift in the light and a slight dip in the temperatures that hint of things to come. We still have the air conditioner on and can usually play outside for awhile after dinner, but fall is coming, and I love it. My friends Ellen & Ivan stopped by last weekend and brought us a basket of fall treats, including homemade pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and the infamous cookie butter the internet won’t shut up about. Friends, these are good and delicious things and what a great way to welcome fall.
– I just finished reading The Night Circus for our book club and I have to say I loved it. It took me awhile to get fully absorbed in the novel’s world but once I was in I was in. I’m sad that I could not have read this book as a teenager. Young adult me would have been totally captivated. Our book club is having a black and white theme for our brunch and I think I’m going to bring white and blue corn chips and salsa.
- Reader Question: Tips for an Organized Move.
- Scrapbook: Visiting Jake and Ben.
- NIPPERS! DIY Cat Toys.
IT’S DECORATIVE GOURD SEASON, MOTHER FUCKERS. “Check out my shellacked decorative vegetables, assholes.” This gives me such a fall boner. I read it aloud to Anthony at the dinner table I loved it so much. (Isobel was not in the room.)
- Good morning, from Squirrelly.
- I bought an OG Bedazzler.
- OMG YOU GUYS.
- Cable Car.
- Thrift Store Gaming.
- Spray Poop & Whore-tillas.
- Saturday Cafe.
- Remember when Squirrelly got stuck in a pumpkin?
- Thrift Store Horror.
- Dance floor bruises coming along nicely.
- Tart for dinner.
- Can’t wait for halloweeeeeeeeen.
I answered a reader question in a separate post, check it out!
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.