– The news around these parts is that my identity has been stolen and someone is applying for credit cards and spending money in my good (well, credit-wise) name. I’ve had a hell of a time calling all sorts of numbers and explaining my story to representative after representative. Identity theft is butts, yo. I also have a cold which makes me feel unfocused and sort of like garbage. It’s not helping the process.
– Isobel thinks Kingston is her sister.
– I have been working with a new system for menu planning for a couple months now, and once I work out all the bugs I’m going to share it with you. This one is a winner.
– Isobel’s newest imaginary friends are three green aliens (nice).
– Last weekend we took a trip up to Sacramento to visit our friends Jake and Ben and eat delicious food and generally hang out and have good times. It was a blast and while we were visiting we went to a parking lot festival at a Japanese market. This market was a treasure trove of Asian goodies, and in addition to stocking up on salty tuna dashi and octopus flavored potato chips I bought some adorable bento goodies for another bento giveaway on the blog soon.
– When Anthony turned off the TV the other day Isobel was so upset at him she shouted CARE POWER ON! and gave him a Care Bear Stare.
– I’ve become addicted to Warehouse 13 after our friend Kyle told us about it. Thank the Sweet Baby Picard Jesus for Netflix streaming.
– Last week we also threw a small birthday tea party for my 94 year old Grandma using tea cups from her collection. Before she married my Grandaddy my Grandma was an army nurse. She received a monthly paycheck and since all of her expenses were pretty much covered by the army anyway she went out each month and bought a new beautiful china tea cup to add to her collection. The tea cups have been sitting forlornly in a dusty box in someone’s garage so my mom and aunt decided to throw Grandma a tea party. Tears sprang to my eyes when she thanked us by saying, “I’m so honored.”
– Isobel was extremely excited to be at the tea party but rather than risk her breaking one of Grandma’s teacups I found her a thrifted one for a quarter and she used that.
– While I was on the phone with one of the various fraud representatives she asked me if I had any idea who would do this. Um, a bad guy? And I wish that if someone stole my identity they had to steal other things, too. Here, have my summons for jury duty, take some of this anxiety, and oh by the way, dear heart, property taxes are due soon. Welcome to my identity, assface!
- Thrifted Closet: Our Favorite Sundress.
- Scrapbook: Home Life.
- 50 Thrifty Fun Things To Do: Nature Walks.
- Little Big Kitchen: Tea Sampler
- We are not amused.
- Twoo Wuv.
- Who wants octopus chips?!
- Mama & Isobel.
- Amazing squid bowl.
- The universe no longer makes sense to me!
- Snack plate.
- Ukiyoe coasters.
- Loving this weather.
- Tomato Letter Soup.
- This happened.
- Inside outside.
- I walked in to find her like this.
- Grandma’s tea party.
Do you have any advice for me?
Hang in there, baby! Never wear red! Don’t forget your towel!
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.