– Last week we had a spectacular mail day when not one but two presents from internet buddies came in the mail for Isobel. I thought her little heart was going to explode. The ever lovely Sarah Sphar knitted this gorgeous sweater for Isobel and sent a mini, softer-than-you-can-believe knitted doll’s blanket to go with. Badass numbers whiz Bri passed along a telescope her kids have outgrown. We’ve already taken it out in the yard to look at the stars and now when it’s time for bed Isobel will say, “Wait! It’s dark now! Let’s go look at the stars!” She doesn’t let our saying no get in the way of her using it for awesome.
– We finished Mass Effect 3 and it was so shitty that that shitty ending wasn’t very surprising. I mean, it wasn’t surprising in the “gee, that came out of left field” sort of way. It was shitty in the “it’s not your fault, it’s my fault for believing in you” sort of way. We decided its name should be changed to “Mass Effect 3: Why Bother?” On Sunday we nursed our wounds by eating hummus and buying Sleeping Dogs, which is freaking awesome.
– Every so often when Isobel is playing she’ll mention the word “Oprah.” “This is my Oprah,” she’ll say, or “Welcome to my special Oprah,” or “Meet my tiny Oprah!” I’ve tried quizzing her on the meaning of this but she’ll just roll her eyes and give me a look. “Mo-om,” she’ll say, drawing her syllables out like a teenager. “Oprah is a lady.” I guess she talked about Oprah a lot while she spent time at her Grandparents over the weekend. When they asked about it Anthony and I just had to shrug and say yes, she’s saying the word Oprah. No, we don’t know what it means. For awhile I thought she was confusing “Oprah” with “Opera”, but it became increasingly obvious that she is talking about a woman named Oprah but whatever other meaning she ascribes to it is a mystery.
– Isobel refers to Flounder as “Clownder,” which terrifies and amuses me at the same time.
– I was so very Crohn’s sick on Sunday. I’m not sure if it’s due to all the partying I’ve been doing lately (HOLLA!) (August is the month of toddlers’ birthday parties) or if it’s just god letting me know he loves me. That was the day I was supposed to do all my Etsy uploading, which, yeah, that didn’t happen. I know some of you are waiting for the vintage souvenir plates to be added, and I promise, soon, soon!
– I’m starting to seriously plan and get ready for Halloween. Anybody else with me?!
- Scrapbook: Grandpa’s Pirate Ship.
- Thrifty Giving: Artistic Wrapping.
- Scrapbook: Home Life.
- Little Big Kitchen: Thrifty Ice Cream Treats.
The 5 Great Joys In Life Healthy People Never Experience. I dedicate this article to a previous boss of mine, who totally thought I was faking it when I gave her a note from my doctor that said I needed surgery.
The Dos and Don’ts of Garage Sales. Brought to you by Krrb, a website I recently discovered that aims to connect communities through local buying, selling, and trading. I am going to have to look into this.
- Happening now.
- Bouquet by Isobel.
- Not a Madden fan.
- Super besties.
- Swim party!
- Date night turns into date morning.
- “Look, Mama! A Clue! I found a Clue!”
- Sweater envy.
- Not a bad way to spend a morning.
Why do birds? Suddenly appear? Every time? You are near?
I shove birdseed in all of my pockets before leaving the house.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.