What I’m up to:
– Anthony and I have come to the realization that our house needs to be decluttered and reorganized in a big way. This is going to be a massive operation and take much time, but he has two and a half more weeks until he has to go back to work so we’re going to make use of the mobility he has and get started. Wish us luck. I fear we’ll need it.
– On Monday we packed our friend’s car full of nerds and drove an hour away to celebrate Star Trek: TNG’s 25th anniversary by screening two of the amazingly remastered episodes. The Crystalline Entity was so gorgeous it gave me a nerd boner. Thank goodness it was dark! Not that that stopped me from taking pictures. Besides witnessing the awesomeness that is remastered Star Trek in a theater full of fans, laughing at the same Wesley jokes you’re laughing at, we also proved that as a group my friends and I can manage to get out shit together enough to leave the house on freaking time.
– My local Catholic thrift store is having a massive summer sale, and if you are a local and haven’t been yet, why the hell not? Everything is half off (even the stuff explicitly marked NOT HALF OFF — I checked) and after a year of walking past Flava Flav Duck I finally felt so bad for him I just up and bought him. Everyone, meet Flava Flav Duck.
– Jupiter brought me his first ever completely-clothed Barbie. I guess he’s trying to spice up his sex life.
– My friend Anne is such a badass. Remember how she jokingly told me she was going to embroider “Lumpus Loves You” to hang on the wall? You guys, she freaking did it and sent it to me, and it’s amazing. Zorro’s little pink nose! The Lumpus text! It’s adorable! She also made Isobel a little (pink) gnome. It’s all so adorable and kind and overwhelmingly awesome. Thank you so much, Anne. You rock with all due hardness!
– Anthony made a rather horrifying discovery recently. We are big Rifftrax fans (speaking of fun, thrifty things to do, RIFFTRAX! get on it!) and we’re particularly fond of the Rifftrax made for the abysmal and increasingly disturbing Twilight Saga, so naturally, we watched them all. The other day Anthony realized that Redbox, who has all of his information, must think Anthony really likes the Twilight Saga since he has not only rented all of them, but he’s only rented Twilight from Redbox. Somewhere out there Anthony must be on some government list as the thirty-something dude, married with a kid, who harbors a secret passion for Team Jacob. Government watch list: NO POSSIBLE THREAT EVER.
– Isobel likes to grab items around the house and tell me they are for “her shop.”
– Squirrelly keeps trying to escape the house and explore the great outdoors resulting in lots of smushed kitten body as he gets caught in the door. NO FREAKING WAY, SQUIRRELLY. YOU ARE MINE FOREVER! Although one time my mom came over and Squirrelly snuck out without us knowing. We opened the front door twenty minutes later and found Squirrelly mewing at the top of his lungs to get back in.
– I somehow managed to get sick and I’m still not sure whether it was a cold/flu thing or a sinus thing. I had a fever, sore throat and one of those awful, awful sinus headaches. I spent two days on the couch or in bed, down for the count. Thank goodness Anthony has healed enough that he was able to pick up my slack.
Little Big Links:
Fashion It So. “I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but I do know what’s right: my hair.” My latest obsession: a blog dedicated to the fashion in ST:TNG. Hilarious and spot-on. I think I’m in love. via @thebookpolice
Care Bears Through the Years. This is like watching evolution work backwards. I’m sorry, vintage Care Bears are not only the best Care Bears, but they are also better adapted to the harsh environs of Care-a-lot. via STEVE
- Cleaning: it’s a start.
- Video game snuggles.
- Dilithium Crystals are a girl’s best friend.
- Thrifted hounds tooth pants.
- Little Toot.
- Wire Baskets.
- Trifecta cuddles.
- Full house.
Pirate accessory – parrot, peg leg, other?
I often feel like a pirate with Squirrelly perched on my shoulder in his favorite snuggle spot. I wouldn’t say no to a giant gold hoop, either. I’d rock the eyepatch except I’m pretty sure that would give me a massive case of the lazy eye. I’m not too keen on peg legs, but replacing my feet with wheels is an idea not without charm. Ideally, though, I’d want Squirrelly instead of a parrot on account of he’s pretty good at not shitting on me these days.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.