What I’m up to:
– In frustrating news our nice neighbors are being forced to move out and our meth neighbor is moving back in. Longtime Flickr buds will remember the saga of our meth neighbor. He must have just been released from jail again, because the last time he lived next to us he was busted in a dramatic police raid for digging an underground bunker under his house in which to make meth. He had security cameras rigged up to the front of the house so he could tell whenever the police came around. Eventually they had to get warrants and storm the place. Oh, and this is the second time that’s happened. We have to good fortune of living in a house next to the house his father owns, and when he’s not occupying it with useful tenants he allows his meth-making son to live there. California still has a three strikes law, I believe, so hopefully this will be the last time he’s making meth next door to us.
– In the photo above she is wearing an ice pack on her face in direct mimicry of me when I have a migraine. I’m so glad she’s learning these important life skills early, though I hope she is spared a lifetime of misery with migraines.
– We’ve been playing a lot of Fallout 3 lately, and so for a thrifty bonus for you guys I’ve decided to come out with my own free Downloadable Content for you. I’ve been creating missions though I’ve yet to convince Anthony to actually do them. I’m offering them here because I’m a generous soul.
- Mission 1: Steal everybody’s mugs in Megaton. Put them in your filing cabinet drawer.
- Mission 2: Take every hotplate you can find. Give them to Pinkerton for ‘research.’
- Mission 3: Collect every tin can on the Waste and put into a big pile. Nuke it.
Successfully complete all of these missions and I’ll give you a special Little Big Achievement badge.
– Last week Jupey murdered another bird and the commotion it caused in our yard was loud enough to wake our whole family. He murders things on a near-daily basis (even while wearing a collar with two bells on them), so that wasn’t surprising, but he must have killed a really popular bird this time because we had over a dozen birds in our yard flipping out over Jupey and his kill. He must have killed the bird president or something, because even though his prey was a scrubjay every magpie in the area was perched on our fence yelling their faces off at Jupey. Six or seven scrubjays circled overhead, screeching and cawing and generally making me feel like the whole scene was about to take a frighting Hitchcockian turn. They kept it up for nearly an hour, and only let up when I let Jupey inside.
– We went to the Oakland Zoo last weekend (care of Grandma and Grandpa, bless them) and had such a fantastic time. I can’t recommend that zoo enough. It was more like a giant park than a zoo and we were as impressed by the foliage as much as the animals. It was a great day.
– Isobel came up to me while I was doing dishes and I noticed she had her dress on backwards. I asked her if she needed help putting it on the right way and she said, “No, I want help putting it on the left way.” Whatever you say, kid!
Little Big Links:
Farmer’s Market Hauls. This awesome group on flickr promotes local markets while letting you show off your market scores. It’s such a small group and I’d like to see it grow.
Remember Geek to Antique? My friends Brandon and Noel are hosting another awesome yard sale. In the words of Brandon himself: It’s back! The combined powers of Brandon Crane and Noel Patton are bringing you the greatest garage sale ever sold! The Wheel of Savings or Sweets is back! Spin it to get 10-30% off your total purchase or receive a cookie, completely free. If you like nerdy things then this is the sale for you. Comics, games, anime, toys, plus all the usual stuff. The yard sale is on Ethan Allen Court in Turlock on June 29th and 30th. We’ll be going for sure!
Best Kiddo Earplugs Ever. Isobel starts swimming lessons soon and hates water anywhere near her ears. When I asked her if she wanted to try earplugs she said, “Yes, pink earplugs.”
- My husband is ridiculous.
- And then this happened.
- My Personal Assistant.
- Therapy Cat.
- Mischief maker.
- Who wants breakfast?!
- Nature’s Crowning Achievement.
- Party time!
- Weekend relaxation.
I’m having a bad day. Can you help?
I’m sorry to hear that. Zorro would like to tell you something:
On Monday Anne told me she was going to embroider the words “Lumpus Loves You” to hang on her wall. That has got to make anyone’s day brighter.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t actually do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.