What I’m up to:
– Last Sunday I was resident craft fair Booth Babe/Bitch for The Red Star Designs in San Francisco’s A Fair To Remember. The entire event was squeezed into Jack Kerouac Alley which straddles both Chinatown and Little Italy, making each end of the street look like a portal into a different world. We had a lot of fun even though the alley smelled like fish at times. The other booths were so awesome that we ended up spending more than we made on gorgeous jewelry and vintage clothing. Oops, occupational hazard. We were cool and comfortable on the shady side of the street until about the last two hours of the show, when the sun reached our side. I cannot describe the misery. I honestly don’t know how the booths on the other side of the alley survived it.
– California recently held an election and I’m ecstatic to announce local Measure T, which supports (and saves, honestly) local libraries without adding new taxes passed by a wide margin. I really hope I never find out who was among the twenty percent that dissented, because I will have to fight the urge to shove a library card up a sensitive area.
– Last week I got some very productive thrifting done. Isobel consistently manages to sneak at least one thing in my basket each time we go out. We happened to be out with Stefanie and I bragged about how well I was doing this time–I’d already found three things Isobel had added to my basket when I wasn’t looking, including this pink book about divorce. She has tried to get that book at least three times now. Of course, when we get home I notice a wooden heart she somehow added to my stash, probably while I was bragging to Stefanie.
– I’ve been to the movies quite a bit lately, well, for me, anyway. I typically don’t go very often but there’s been a few things I’ve wanted to see. I noticed that there’s a new movie coming out and the murderous ghost girl villain is named “Carrie Ann.” EXCUSE ME, HOLLYWOOD, BUT IT’S ANNE WITH AN ‘E.’ GET IT RIGHT OR I’M COMING FOR YOU NEXT.
– An IG friend recently asked me to post photos of the vintage Scandinavian dishes I inherited from my Nana. For those of you who are interested they can be seen here.
– Isobel noticed me taking photos of Squirrelly viciously attacking a finger puppet. When he was done, she grabbed the finger puppet and attacked it like kitten and said, “Take a picture of me playing with the finger puppet now!” I’d show you the resulting photo, but she had tucked the entire front of her dress into her underwear.
– Here, have some Instagram craft fair photos:
Little Big Links:
Fresh thoughts on why e-mail scams are written in broken English. Insights from Quora. Via lauracope.
- She loves to help.
- Making Squirrelly clap.
- Saturday morning in the Super Tent.
- ‘Sup, Catholics.
- That’s my jam!
- I Voted.
- Arts and Cats
This week I have three quick questions from my favorite guy across the pond, Nic Piper. I imagine he looks and sounds exactly like the tenth Doctor.
- Q: Is it true you were born with three boobs?
- A: I was born with four. I lost one in a bar fight.
- Q: Can you belch the alphabet?
- A: Alas, only in Spanish.
- Q: Beef or Pork?
- A: Moose.