What I’m up to:
– Hey there! I’m posting a snapshot today since my schedule’s all messed up. You may have noticed that an unfinished version went up yesterday because I forgot to disable the auto-post. Wheeeee!
– I’ve been having some worse than usual health problems lately. Part of it was my fault for running too low on my Crohn’s medicine, and the other part is because god hates me. (Jk! Sort of!) I’ve had a migraine for about a week so I’m just not keeping up with day to day life. I’ve been having conversations about this with the lovely Farren on twitter. Being so sick for so long always makes me feel so disappointed in myself. The house goes to shit, we all eat crap, and I’m not the wife or mother I want to be. It’s so easy to get discouraged but it helps to know I’m not alone.
– I should also mention that Anthony has not only been totally loving and supportive of me throughout this, but he also bought me cookies.
– I’m tired of these motherfucking wasps in my motherfucking house.
– Remember all the bitching I did about my book club forcing me to read a flaming turd of a James Patterson book? GOOD NEWS! The whole club hated it, including the lady who suggested we read it. I was telling Angela that if I had a time machine I’d go back in time to convince James Patterson to become a mechanic, but now that I’m sure I won’t have to read any more books I can use that time machine for a better purpose: asking Tom Greene if he can do a barrel roll.
– I’m going to make you a mix CD! I received a reader question about my favorite music, and I think the best way to answer is to just make everyone a CD. I’ll post the playlist on the blog and burn some CDs to give away to five lucky(?) LB readers.
– Isobel has been telling Anthony that he can’t kiss her because he is “TOO SPICY!” which, after I died laughing I accused her of ethnic profiling. It took us about a day and a half to figure out that she didn’t like him kissing her with his goatee grown out because it was too spiky. She likes a clean-shaven man! P.S. If she ever accuses me of being too spicy I will commit seppuku with a Care Bear.
-I’ve been thinking about getting another perm to add body to my hair. Also, I bought rollers. Also, I need a fine hair guru.
Little Big Links:
–Instapillows! Display your Instagram photos on a pillow. I thought this was going to look very dumb but it’s really cute. I think maybe Ellen sent this link my way, but if someone else did please give me a shout out so I can credit you! My brain isn’t working so well right now.
– Probably everyone has seen this amazing photo of lightning striking the Bay Bridge but if not, it’s worth a look. It’s been all over the internet lately but this came my way originally via my friend Scott.
- Going out in a vintage shirt.
- Contemplating the futility of existence. With play dough.
- I love my job.
- Chocolate covered pineapple.
- Bacon mushroom tacos.
- Look closely to find Isobel.
- This is how our morning went.
- She’s Isobel Pirate.
- Lightning! Thunder! Bookkeeping!
- Cutest girl at the Taco Trucks.
OMG WHY IS YOUR CAT SO BIG?! DID HE EAT ANOTHER CAT?!
Have you met my 30lb cat Zorro? Here’s a picture of him almost completely eclipsing my husband. He used to be about 25lbs but then he matured into the glorious beast you see before you. He’s so large because he is a Maine Coon, which is the largest breed of cat.They came about when domesticated cats hopped aboard sailing ships headed for the New World. Only the largest, heartiest cats survived the voyage and the subsequent snow and harsh conditions of New England.
We found Zorro when we were making a routine trip to the pet store for some cat food. The local no-kill shelter was featuring cats for adoption, and when I saw this tiny orange boy kitten with an enormous tail I knew it was love. He body was so small and his ears and tail so large he looked just like a fox. My cat-whispering mother suggested we call him Zorro, which is the Spanish word for fox, and it stuck. Alternate nicknames include FireFox, Zero, and Zippo. Also, Zorrokins, but don’t tell him I told you.
Even though he is huge he mews like he thinks he is the tiniest kitten. He has one of the most high-pitched mews I’ve ever heard. He is Mama’s Baby and follows me around all day begging for attention like a dog. He is fiercely loyal, and is in fact next to me, on top of me, or perched on my computer tower each and every time I blog. He sleeps at the foot of my bed and was quite put out when I wouldn’t let him snuggle the new born baby Isobel all night. He has short little legs so that he looks like a bit of a Corgi and is a terrible jumper. People love him, and I’ve had several friends willing to take him home to live with them forever and ever. Sometimes he sleeps on this back with his paws in the air and his tongue hanging out and he looks a little post mortem-ish. Once the pest control man asked if my cat was dead. True story.
He’s extremely smart and inquisitive. Don’t assume that because he’s huge he’s lazy. He’s got quite a frisky streak. When we decided to put in a cat door we had to buy a kind called “Chubby Cat” that is meant for small dogs and really large cats. He is my sweet boy and I love him. Here’s some of my favorite photos of Zorro, The 30lb Wonder.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.