What I’m up to:
– I am still worn out from Isobel’s birthday. After her party we went to a second party for my friend Justy and I stayed late to enjoy a mind-numbing game of Dix-it. The very next day we hosted Easter at my house, where of course, I cooked all of the sides while enduring a migraine. Yesterday I was just done so I let Isobel destroy the house while I remained motionless and under the influence of imitrex. The past two days have been Days of Reckoning, wherein I’ve been cleaning the house, getting back on top of my to-do list, and trying to fit all of Isobel’s new toys into her bedroom.
– Speaking of toys, I know I complained about what pain in the ass new toys can be, but we’re so fortunate to have received such awesome gifts this year, including a second Pink Purse. Now she carries the two of them around with her everywhere and says, “WHERE’S MY PINK PURSE AND MY OTHER PINK PURSE?!” if she can’t find them.
– I’m working on a post detailing the theme and activities at Isobel’s party because I love reading other people’s party posts. I busted out my thrifty creativity and this party turned out awesome and cheap.
– Isobel’s latest obsession is painting with watercolors. My friend Stef gave her a bunch of paints and paintbrushes for her birthday and I’ve been painting right along with her. I’m surprised to find it soothing. I’m certainly not good at it, but it’s really fun.
– In tragic news, something is up with my camera and it needs to be serviced. For the moment it’s completely inoperable. This happened a fourth of the way through Isobel’s party so I’m going to have to rely on my cell phone, my point and shoot, and the photos of others for a little while. BOO.
– The other day I narrowly avoided stepping on one half of a large rodent of some sort on our lawn. I’m really not sure what it was because it was just the back half. As soon as I saw it, and before my brain even realized what it was, I heard this unholy noise coming from somewhere. Anthony pointed out that my sensibilities must be more delicate and feminine that I thought because I totally lost my shit and started screaming. I really hope Jupey doesn’t bring us the front half.
Little Big Links:
Vote for Sunday! Anger Burger was nominated for Best Humor Food Blog at Saveur. BADASS!
Panem. A flickr set that illustrates imagery from the Hunger Games. Beautiful.
- That wall owed me money.
- Today’s my grumpy day.
- Good gravy.
- Angela’s grocery list is really gross.
- Evening Sun.
- Latest huge score.
- This says everything you need to know about me
Cake or Pie?
Cake, usually. Partially because I’m so fond of chocolate ganache and butter, and partially because I think I haven’t had very good pie.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.