What I’m up to:
- Today is sweet Isobel’s third birthday. How I love that little pirate.
- I finally found the Holy Grail of thrifting and it is mine, all mine.
- I went to a party last weekend wherein I was introduced to a beautiful young woman who immediately turned to me and said, “You used to be my librarian!”
- My mom took Isobel for a haircut and she looks like she’s 3 going on 12. Mah baybee! She is gone!
- Isobel’s birthday party is happening this weekend. I’m tying up the loose ends as we speak.
- You may have noticed our crappy, run down fence in photos of our backyard. We got together with our neighbors and in less than a day the old one was torn down the new one put up.
- I’ve been giving some things a spring makeover. I’ll share the results with you soon!
- Isobel has been talking a lot about Oprah lately. I watched it pretty faithfully when Isobel was a baby, and Isobel really seemed to enjoy it. She loved clapping, and every time the audience clapped baby Isobel burst into appreciative applause and she enthusiastically screamed “YAAAAY!” in her little baby voice. It was adorable. The past couple days Isobel has mentioned Oprah several times, and it wasn’t until Anthony mentioned that he thinks she means OPERA that it began to make more sense. Especially because she loves to talk about Oprah when she’s playing the piano and singing. Huh. So that’s what her Special Oprah means.
Little Big Links:
This seemed like a good idea on paper. I could honestly link to something from Sunday’s blog every week, so save me the trouble and subscribe already. In this post we join our intrepid heroine as she buys powdered caffeine by the pound.
Drunk guy sings Bohemian Rhapsody in back of cop car. I know everyone’s probably seen this by now, but I had to share on the small chance that you haven’t. It’s all about having a good attitude when you’re having a bad day. Or something.
- Do you play croquet?
- We are not amused.
- Pink flowers, thrifted vase.
- Singlehandedly supporting General Mills.
- Greek yogurt popsicle noms.
- Isobel keeps sneaking these in my thrifting basket.
- Ice cream heart.
With all the running around I’m doing for Isobel’s party, I couldn’t find time to answer a reader question, but it will be back next week! In the meantime, enjoy this gif, courtesy of my twitter wife.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.