What I’m up to:
– My Mom, who is awesome, is becoming more active on Facebook these days, and due to her recent interwebs exploration, she has found her self here and occasionally on my twitter. Welcome to the 20th century, Mom (she is still using AOL)! Anyway, I don’t post anything scandalous, so overall it’s not a big deal. Except for Twitter. Those of you who follow my on twitter are familiar with my propensity to swear like a sailor. Twitter is the place where I vent and post things of a ridiculous nature and I’ve decided I’m not going to change that. I love my Mama but she’s going to have to take a lesson from Riker.
-Isobel says “shoom up” instead of “shut up” and although there’s been many many talks and time outs on this subject I still have to will myself not to laugh every time it happens.
-The Wasp Situation is still an ongoing thing. I really don’t even like to think about it, but once you punch a wasp to death in your kitchen you know it’s only a matter of time before something expensive must be done. My dear friend Justin did give us a wasp trap and its these sort of gifts that let you know who your true friends are. Friends don’t let friends be inundated by wasps! Related: why isn’t that a t-shirt yet?
– We went to the park to feed the ducks the other day, and not only did Isobel gnaw on some of the dried bird bread we brought, she also proudly showed off her Big Girl Chonies (underwear) to some nice little old ladies who sad down on the bench next to us. This, in addition to her insistence that I call her “Girl Pirate” while she calls me “Mama Pirate,” just further proves to me that her awesomeness knows no bounds.
– I’m getting pretty disgustingly happy again. I’m still battling anxiety and have moments where I’m just completely overwhelmed by the problems of life, but over all I feel like I’m doing exactly what I’m supposed to be doing in life.
– Writing the Thrifted Closet series has me eager to clean out and update my closet. I started this process yesterday and certainly couldn’t finish it so now it looks like my closet at some bad shoes or something and barfed its contents all over the bedroom. I’ve been browsing for clothes online but I feel like I hate everything. Does anyone have any suggestions for their favorite places to shop online? I need some new inspiration.
Little Big Links:
– “To simplify the matter, it’s standard yogurt with the whey filtered out. What is whey? It’s the stuff that’s left behind when yogurt goes to Greece.” Check out The Palinode’s hilarious post in our Food Fight! Greek Yogurt Competition. Greek yogurt never tasted so… hilarious.
- Too cool for school.
- You should buy these.
- Best Toddler Fashion Ever.
- New glasses.
- Mama-daughter date.
- Think Tank.
- Look, Mama! Pirates!
Tell me about the worst punishment you had when you were a child?
This is just embarrassing. I’m not even sure if it qualifies as punishment (I was usually just sent to my room or grounded), but onetime my mom wouldn’t let me see my boyfriend, who had been gone over a week, until the next day, even though he got home in the late afternoon. I was dying to see him, and postponing it another day felt like the most torturous murder imaginable. I’m sure I had punishments that were worse, but I really don’t remember them. I remember not being allowed to see my boyfriend, though. (P.S. this was not Anthony, so clearly, I survived.)
ETA: As I look back I realize that I consider this a far worse punishment than when I was spanked with a wooden spoon. This cracks me up.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.