What I’m up to:
– Have you seen Doomsday Preppers? I’ve watched a few episodes and so far all I’ve really learned is that everyone on the show has a lot of time on their hands.
– Last weekend we took Isobel to the Ripon Almond Blossom Festival. It was mostly not toddler-friendly, but she really loved the fishing game. The dude who was running the booth kept wanting us to help her, but all she really wanted to do was stand there, holding the pole and pretend to fish. She didn’t give two craps about catching anything or getting a prize. She just wanted to fish. Eventually the creepiness/insistence of that guy made us leave, and Isobel won two toys that I’m going to transform into cat toys. It should also be mentioned that our friend baby Noah won the prestigious annual festival Diaper Derby, which is a big deal. I’m sure it has nothing to do with this photo I took of him on the treadmill.
– We also celebrated my bestie’s birthday with a Mad Hatter-inspired tea party. It was RAD. Have I mentioned how much I love being a part of a group of friends who dig dressing up? It’s the best. I’ll be sharing some photos later along with a DIY Fascinator tutorial.
– Clear your calendars! Top Chef finale is tonight and I am on TEAM PAUL, suckas! I have been since the beginning. That time when he broke down because his mentor showed up? Aw! I heart you, Paul.
– I’ve been reading Water for Elephants for a book club my buddy Valerie started. This is my first book club, and in addition to it being an excuse to get together with friends I thought it might be nice to stretch myself and read more fiction. I’m typically a nonfiction reader, though I read YA constantly when I worked at the library, under the auspices of it being ‘for the children.’ I really just like YA fiction a lot.
Little Big Links:
- We had the playground all to ourselves.
- This guy is so popular.
- My husband is awesome at parenting.
- Taking over our bed.
- What? This is how my Dad read the paper.
- Come and enjoy my exciting stories! At least $10.
- DJ Isobel spinning the turntables.
- Me & the babe.
- When I think of my friend Valerie, I think floral arrangements and Old E.
Tell me about something you would happily do again?
Desert Stargazing. For sure. I’d love to camp somewhere and stay up all night. Maybe in California this time. We have plenty of deserts, though I wouldn’t mind going back to Reno and checking out their desert in the day time and partaking of their excellent thrifting. I’d want to brush up on my constellations first.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.