What I’m up to:
- It looks like Isobel is imitating a model from a magazine pose in this photo, but the truth is that we took her thrifting while she was still getting over her cold from hell so she’s actually mouth-breathing out of necessity. She was totally working it on that gorgeous burnt-umber velour chair, though, which made me decide I have a new life’s ambition: to become a thrift store furniture model. Kind of like those girls who pointlessly stand next to cars while wearing bikinis, except I’d be wearing my hair in a bun and be all wrapped up in a grandma sweater (thrifted, natch).
- The BENTO GIVEAWAY exceeded all my hopes and dreams for a humble personal giveaway. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with some small biz and etsy stores for giveaways, but I do really enjoy giving away stuff that’s just sitting around my house and I’m glad you do, too. I received over 150 comments on that post, which has to be a record-breaker, and I’m astounded you all thought enough of the giveaway to enter. I am most definitely going to give away more bentos in the future. Additionally, since I now know bentos are so popular, I’m going to post about bento recipes, tips and tricks that I learned during all the time I used them while taking my lunch to work.
– I’ve been pretty crohn’s-sick lately so eating has been quite a challenge. I regularly feel like I’m dying a few times a day. Boo.
– I’m taking off on an adventure with my besties this weekend. The most notable part (besides inevitably being kicked out of another state for being inappropriate) is that it’s the first overnight-trip I’m taking sans-Anthony since 1998.
- Valentine’s Day is also my beautiful and talented friend Angela’s birthday. You might remember her from when she swam through a mud pit, made the most adorable curly-haired boy ever, or sold a porcelain pooping boy at her yard sale. She has also been there for me during one of the roughest points in my life and left a comment so sweet and supportive it totally made me cry. The ugly cry. But in a good way. If you need further proof of her awesomeness, simply check out her shop.
Little Big Links:
- NPR Valentines. I sent Anthony the one that says, “You are the talk of my nation” and he replied, “You are the nerd of my nation.” Aw. I currently have the All Things Considered up on my fridge. via Chasingthenuns
- Craftification Conference. I received a nice email from someone behind the conference who said she loves me and devours my blog posts. Aw, how sweet! Is this true? Probably not! I’m guessing this is one of those “I bet you say that to all the blogs!” flattery. I have to say, the conference looks nifty and I wouldn’t mind going sometime.
- A Better Way to Roast Beets. My friend Ellen loves to bookmark and email links to people as much as I do. Plus, she makes cute babies.
- Chrono Trigger: To Good Friends. My good friend the Scott recorded a piano version of this song and sent it to my group of friends for Valentine’s Day. This is awesome.
- I love this thing so freaking much.
- Helping me with the dishes.
- In trying to post a funny D&D joke, I accidentally showed off our condoms.
- My happy place.
- Help meeeeeeeeeeeee.
- Loving her Big Girl Pencil Room.
- Cleaning up beets is beautiful.
- Zorro got five in the end. Jupey got one.
- Care Bear + Hat.
- Productivity Guru.
When was the last time you got a haircut?
So long ago that it would be embarrassing for me to answer, if I could even remember. Which I can’t. Let’s just say my mom is only slightly exaggerating when she says it’s time for my yearly haircut. I was actually thinking about getting it trimmed in the near future. Since I’ve been faithfully applying coconut oil to the ends I’ve noticed I need to get a trim.
What’s the most you’ve ever paid for a pair of jeans?
Fifty bucks or so. But I’d be willing to pay more if I found a kind that flattered me, fit well, and were comfortable. I’d rather have three pairs of jeans in my closet that I can wear into the pavement than a closet full of ill-fitting jeans that I don’t like. Which is pretty much what I have now. I shop as frugally as possible, but quality is worth it when you can afford it.
What was the last movie you’ve watched?
I think it was the Captain America Rifftrax. Or maybe it was The Dark Night Rifftrax. We did a double header one night and I can’t remember which we watched first. I am POOPING MY PANTS EXCITED to watch the Breaking Dawn Rifftrax. OMG.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.