What I’ve been up to:
– So much has happened in the last two weeks. The last Snapshot post seems like a lifetime ago. I know I always say this, but boy, have I been busy.
– If you are reading this right now then I’m sure you are aware but I have a new website! (If you haven’t seen the slide show video I made about Things That Are Awesome, stop what you are doing right now and watch it. Your eyes will thank you.) I moved Little Big to self-hosting about two weeks ago and have been working my butt off on the website ever since. Most notably I’ve picked up some fantastic sponsors and later this week I’m going to introduce you to them and tempt you with their wares.
– Speaking of wares, The Red Star Designs is offering a coupon good for the next 10 days just for Little Big readers! If you’ve admired her anti-Valentine’s, Eat Me labels, Urban Decay note cards, or her popular Alice and Wonderland themed stationery, you can save10% by typing the code “LITTLEBIG2012” at checkout.
– In what can only be described as Epically Shitty Timing, Isobel picked up my lingering cold almost the instant Little Big went live. My poor sweet pixie. She’s had it for over a week now and is just only starting to feel like herself again. This meant I have been by her side constantly and working on the website during the brief spells of napping she’d collapse into randomly throughout the day. Neither effort has suffered, however, I am currently looking like the quintessential SAHM with yoga pants, unwashed hair, and a grandma sweater. In times of crisis something’s gotta give, and usually the first to go in this house is hygiene. (Oh, and housekeeping.)
– My husband is a lucky, lucky man.
– Before Isobel got sick we celebrated Anthony’s birthday by going out to breakfast and then hitting up a book sale. Isobel’s criteria for picking out books centers around her desire for everything to be PINK! so she made a beeline for the Romance section and charmed the pants off all the ladies looking through stacks and stacks of books featuring heaving bosoms and long-haired shirtless dudes. After she loaded up on romance novels she turned to me and said, “Take a picture of my book, Mama!” so here she is, proudly clutching on to her book sale pick, The Hostage Bride.
– Anthony’s been enjoying a few days of vacation and we’ve used it to play hours and hours of Skyrim. It’s the perfect low-key activity if you have a sick munchkin, anyway. We had grand plans to take day trips and clean out the garage and blah blah blah but Epic Fantasy and sick toddlers trump that nonsense, anyway. We were going to go to the zoo on his last day of vacation since Isobel had been feeling better, and we woke up to the winter storm we had been praying for all year. Mother Nature has impeccable fucking timing. Oh well! More Skyrim is just what Mother Nature ordered.
– My parents are in Hawaii visiting my sister. My mom has never been and my Dad hasn’t been since college. We found a letter he wrote to his parents back then and he said when he got off the plane he was greeted with “a Hawaiian lei and a smack on the chops!” I have a feeling they don’t give away kisses anymore.
– I’m putting all my ideas together in one place so I can share with you (and save for myself for later) 50 Thrifty Fun Things To Do. I really love working on this series (Isobel does, too!) so I really hope you enjoy it.
– The other day I was wearing tights under my ripped jeans (as I’m wont to do) while I was playing with our BFFs the Waltons. Kingston came up to me and started rubbing my knee, unused to and very interested in the texture. While still rubbing he looks to me and says, “I want to rub your leg. It’s soft.” Lookout, ladies! He’s a smooth talker already.
– Don’t forget to enjoy please Bento Giveaway fun time taste. For lasting joy times.
- Zorro is her pillow.
- Organizing Dada’s D&D dice.
- Toddler Fashion show! Outfit 1. Outfit 2. Outfit 3. Outfit 4. Outfit 5.
- Celebrating Husband’s birthday by looking crazy.
- Isobel made me a bracelet.
- Kingston reads Poppy a book about dogs.
- This kid LOVES the drums.
- Isobel’s current obsessions: Stamps and Hot Potato.
Little Big Links:
- I want to believe. Via Luckyshirt
- Picard sings the blues. Via theannalogdivide
- Be Mine. My Valentine’s board on Pinterest.
Are you planning on having more children?
I got this exact question from several people, so I am answering it now for the world to see: YES! Yes we are. We have a full name ready to go for a boy (lovingly picked out last time before we knew our Peanut was an Isobel) and half of a name ready to go for a girl (with several middle name alternates). We are waiting for a few more pieces to fall into place before we, ahem, Do It For Real, but we are excited to add to our family. The plan is to stop at two. My poor body and our poor bank account can only take so many mewling little squawkers before they pathetically cry uncle. Tee shirts everywhere will remind me that Jesus Didn’t Tap but Jesus also didn’t have ovaries or a 401K to think about. We’re tapping out at two.
Do you have a question for me? I’d love to answer it! You can leave your question in the comments, @-reply me on twitter, email it to me at email@example.com or send me a messenger pigeon. Don’t do the last one, though. My cat will eat it.