– Since it’s been awhile since my last snapshot, and since so much has happened, I’m posting it early this week.
– The biggest news (besides me having the most annoying and stubborn cold on the planet) is that we moved Isobel’s big girl bed from our bedroom into the Pencil Room. The Pencil Room is officially Isobel’s big girl bedroom, and now we refer to it as “your pencil room.” The first day was rough. At first she was so excited when I told he we were going to move her bed that she tried to move it herself and then excitedly asked me to help her. Once we got the bed in the room and all set up for her nap, she pretty much cried from nap time to bedtime. She was m-a-d. After she got that out of her system it wasn’t a problem and she’s been sleeping in there fuss-free since the 7th. Anthony and I are so glad to have our room back (bow chicka wow wow) but it did make me a little sad at first. I was so ready for her to be out I didn’t expect to be sad. Having her in a different room after two and a half years of cosleeping was an adjustment for Mama as well as baby.
– I’m almost done decorating Isobel’s big girl room. I posted a sneak peek earlier on twitter. I still need to finish some organizational things and Anthony needs to hang the finishing touches, but once that’s done I’m going to share it here. Hopefully sometime next week!
– Bethylicious nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award! According to the meme I’m supposed to nominate fifteen people and list 7 random facts about myself. I always have trouble coming up with these, so how about we do something else: I will answer seven random questions put to me by readers, either here in the comments, or via email, or on twitter. If I get seven questions I’ll answer them in a post and then nominate my picks for the award. I’m betting there won’t be seven questions.Go ahead and take that personally. It’s a threat. Or something. Yeah.
– The lovely and talented Erica made this gorgeous shawl for me and I am over the moon about it. The deep green-blue color, the delightful scrunchiness of the wool, the fact that it was nothing but a mere string a few short days ago has me swooning for it. Thank you so much, Erica. I hope the basket of vintage goodies I’m about to send you is satisfactory.
- Cooking bacon in my Wonder Woman apron.
- Isobel is in love with this jar of cornstarch.
- She has advanced tastes. For Swedish food, apparently.
- Thrift Store Score: Dinosaurs on vinyl. I know.
- Greek yogurt is a thing of beauty.
- Zorro, you are not helping.
- Working overtime.
- Thrift Store Score: Mustache mug. In the shop now.
- To grandmother’s house we go.
- Washing the pachas.
- Farewell, Christmas.
- Vintage Breyer horses. They were mine. P.S., I’m also vintage.
- Craft cupboard nightmare. Not for the faint of heart.
Little Big Links
- “its from batman returns, the most sensitive of all the batmans ” Awesome Youtube Comments.
- Think you lack the motivation to work out? Maybe not. Via The Scott.
- Make your own glitter shoes. I can’t even wear heels and I want to try this. Glitter sneakers, anyone?
- Vintage inspired Alice In Wonderland stationery: Printable Valentines, Save the Date, Invitations, Thank You notes. I adore these. Via Red Star Designs.